Sunday, February 25, 2024

Thinking of Spring- Today and Yesterday


Yesterday, Dinah visited me. She convinced me to walk with her in downtown Locust Street- Walnut Creek Restaurant Row to have Dim Sum at the Grand Opening of the newly opened franchised Dim Sum restaurant Dough Zone. It was only a few blocks from THD at the corner of Locust Street and Mt Diablo Blvd. Since it was a beautiful spring-like afternoon,  I reluctantly agree. With my cane I slowly walked the few blocks and I enjoyed the adventure very much. This was my first outing walking out from the front Gate of THD since I moved here about 8 months ago. I felt like a bird that flew out of its gilded cage. Speaking of Dough zone, I am not impressed. It has limited offerings and it did not taste as good as the Dim Sum in CreekHouse in Parkside. Here's the website of Dough Zone on Locust Street. 
   

Meanwhile, while reading my Facebook page today, I see this photo of the Butchart Garden, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (above). It reminded me of my previous posting about the three most beautiful gardens that Macrine (RIP) and I had visited.   

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/09/the-three-most-beautiful-gardens-that.html

Macrine (RIP) and I loved Gardens. We spent a lot of time, money and energy in our younger years to make Chateau Du Mer, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines, a Garden Paradise.  Here's a repost of my article on the subject.

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2019/04/pleasant-memories-of-my-gardens-at_14.html

Here are two old photos of our visit to Butchart Gardens, Victoria, B.C. Canada in 2005.

 


Meanwhile Here's a photo of the Daffodils in our THD Garden Court Yard


 Here are two of my favorite spring quotes:

  • "The first blooms of spring always make my heart sing." — ... 

  • "Blossom by blossom the spring begins." — ...

Lastly, this is part of my orchids collection along the Driveway of Chateau Du Mer (CDM)( our second home),Boac, Marinduque,  Philippines, 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...