Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Some of My Coin Collections

I started collecting coins about 30 years ago. I was not serious about it. However, I was able to purchase the following coin sets.  I found these coin sets while looking for other items I have missed that are still in my unopened boxes. I have no idea of the value of these coins, but if you are knowledgeable about the value of old coins, I will appreciate your input.  Here are the photos of each set both in front and back.


  







Two of the Most Expensive Coins Listed for Sale on E-Bay -Teddy Roosevelt Panama Penny, 1920 listed for 990,000.00

and The Double Lincoln Penny 1999 -Listed on E-Bay for $555, 555.00 


And here is my miscellaneous collection of coins from US, the Philippines and other countries


The oldest are 1967 Kennedy Quarter,1971 Eisenhower Dollar, and the 1976 Jose Rizal Philippine Peso
  

For values and prices of US coins visit:

https://www.pcgs.com/prices/us


Lastly, 
Question of the Day: How do numismatists differ from coin collectors?
Numismatists study the physical attributes of the payment media rather than the use and function in an economy. The term numismatics is often used interchangeably with the coin collection, though it connotes more intensive study than just simply collecting coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...