Thursday, November 23, 2017

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States

My Miniature Orchid in Bloom Again-Happy Thanksgiving to All

Today is Thanksgiving Day here in the US. This year we will celebrate it at my wife niece residence ( Lanie Lazarte Chalfin) in Mountain View. The whole Jambalos and Katague Clan have been invited for dinner tonight.

There are three things I am thanking the Lord this year. First, to all my friends and relatives who have encouraged me to continue my writing and blogging activities based on their comments on my FB page and blogs. There are days when I feel its time to quit, but thanks to your comments I have been posting articles almost every other day since 2008.

Second, I thank the Lord for my Health and for my spouse(for 60 years)-Macrine. Macrine was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease in 2013. Thanks to medications, diet and exercise her PD is progressing very slowly. The support and understanding of friends and relatives alleviate her loneliness and sense of isolation -a side effect of the medications she is taking to control her movement disorder. In my case, I will be 83 years old next month. So far my high blood pressure and adult on-set diabetes are under control. I watch my diet ( lots of fruits and vegetables), read and write, play duplicate bridge ( exercise my mind) and do some light gardening and housework for my physical exercise.
The 4 D's-Dodie, Dinah, David III and Ditas, Mountain View, CA 2013

Last, but not least, Macrine and I are thanking our four Children and six Grandchildren for their love and support. Special thanks and Happy Birthday ( yesterday) again to David III who helps me in taking care of his Mom on his days off from work. His help makes my life as a primary care giver more pleasant and bearable. Your Mom and I love you very much and hope you have many more birthdays to come.

My six grand children, Ian, Elaine, Philip, Alix, Marina and Carenna, 2011

Thanksgiving day always reminds me of our First Thanksgiving Day here in the US as follows:

https://hubpages.com/holidays/my-first-thanksgiving-day-in-the-united-states

Again Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...