1. Flowers of the Ylang-Ylang
2. Mango Fruit starts to ripen on the tree
3. Papaya Tree loaded with ripe and green Fruits
4. Green Mangoes almost touching the Ground
5. Young Guava Fruits
6. Avocados Galore
7. Orchids in a Rainbow of Colors
8. A Purple One( not as dark as my Princess Mikasa variety)
9. An ordinary terrestial orchid
11. White and Purple Bougainvillas
12. Bird of Paradise on my Side Yard
In my website http://chateaudumer.blogspot.com, I described in detail the orchids, bougainvillas, bird of paradise, hibiscus and tropical shrubs that highlighted the 5 acres of landscape property of the Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort and Conference Center in Amoingon, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines. Besides the ornamentals, evergreens and blooming shrubs, I also planted mango, papaya, guava, rambutan, avocado , santol, duhat, cashew, jackfruit, tamarind and lanzones fruit trees. I also planted several varieties of citrus trees, pomelo,lucban, kalamansi, native oranges and lemon trees.
When typhoon Reming hit Marinduque Island in 2006, ten coconut trees, two mango trees as well as a dozen papayas were uprooted. I replaced them by the dwarf and semi-dwarf varieties. Today, the dwarf coconuts and fruit trees are doing well under the full time care of our gardener, Edwin Laririt and wife Cecille. The above pictures are some of the photographs I have in my collection. Enjoy the photographs. My mouth is salivating now just looking at the mango, papaya and lanzones fruits. Drop by Chateau Du Mer to enjoy my flower garden and fruit orchard when you visit Marinduque- my island paradise and heaven on earth.