Thursday, October 25, 2018

Another Food Discovery Near Us-Chili Rellenos

Photo from Food Network

Last week, Macrine and I were talking to our new Mexican-American Home Health aide about Mexican food. I mentioned that Chili Relleno(CR) is my favorite Mexican dish. The next day she brought with her a Chile Relleno dish that she cooked the night before. It was good and it made me craved for more.

So I googled on the nearest Mexican Restaurant that has CR in their menu. There were 4 restaurants and Taquerea listed. Two of the restaurants are only about a mile from our residence. I looked at the two restaurant menus. Valencia Taqueria has the Chile Relleno Combo ( one pepper with rice and beans, tortillas) for $11.99. I purchased this yesterday and it was excellent.

The other restaurant Tres Hermanos has two Rellenos menus with trimmings( rice and beans tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and tortillas) for only $12.50 and one relleno with rice and beans, tortillas for only $8.50. I will try this restaurant in a couple of days.

Here's my favorite recipe from www.allrecipes.com

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219646/authentic-mexican-chili-rellenos/

Here's a video on how to make Chili Rellenos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...