Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Ten Years of Personal Blogging this Summer


Next month will be my 10th year of personal blogging. I can not believe, I have attained this achievement.

According to the article below 95% of bloggers give up between 31 to 33 months. This applies to both Lifestyle Blogging (LB) and Personal Blogging (PB).

For details about Lifestyle and Personal blogging read the following: https://www.writelaughdream.com/the-blog/personal-vs-lifestyle


I have been doing Personal Blogging since the summer of 2008. As of today I have written more than 2000 articles on almost all subjects based on my life experiences. Total page views from my 8 blogs is now over 3 million viewers. I have about 100 viewers daily(total) and more than 500 comments as of today. My most commented blog with over 250 comments is http://lifeinus1960present.blogspot.com/.

In addition to my blogs, I have also a writing account with Hubpages.com ( Owned by Maven). I have written 32 Hubs(long articles) but only 12 are featured as of today. Twenty of my articles are not featured due to low traffic or readers. I will appreciate if you also visit my Hubpages.com account in addition to my blogs.

I do not write about politics, religion or sexual topics except on a few cases. These three subjects are controversial and attract more viewers, readers as well as comments. However, since I do not earn my living on my blogs, the number of viewers/readers is not my primary goal. My goal is to receive comments from my blogs. Knowing that readers like my blogs by clicking LIKE or sharing it in their Face Book page makes me happy. So here is the primary reason why I am still blogging for almost ten years as of this month.

I enjoy writing and blogging exercises my aging brain. Receiving positive comments( i.e., informative and/or inspirational) on my blogs is an ego boost!

For details why 95% of bloggers quit read the following: http://feveredmutterings.com/95-percent-bloggers-give-up

For details on how I started blogging read the following: https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/2014/01/blogging-has-saved-my-life_4.html

I hope you continue reading my blogs. Have a Great Summer wherever you are in this Planet Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...