Sunday, October 16, 2016

Mango Pancakes for Breakfast Today



I woke up early this morning with the sound of welcome rain in my roof. It has been raining here in Northern California since yesterday. This is a much welcome rain. The last significant rain we had was last February this year. I was wondering what I will cook for breakfast this morning when I remembered I have chunks of fresh mangoes in my refrigerator. I was not sure if I had a Pancake Mix. But luck is with me today. I have a Betty Crocker Complete Pancake Mix in my cupboard. Here's my very simple recipe:

1 cup Pancake Mix ( Betty Crocker or Equivalent)
3/4 cup Milk
2 Eggs
1/4 cup smashed fresh mangoes

Mixed all the ingredients: Cooked in Portions of the mix (amount will determine the size of the pancake) in a Skillet with trace amount of cooking oil. I used olive oil today. Serve with butter and pancake syrup. Garnished with fresh mango chunks and blueberries as shown in the photo above.

With freshly brewed coffee from the Philippines ( Baracco brand)-this recipe can qualify for a Good breakfast for all Seasons.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...