Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Imitation Game Movie and the Comcast Power Outage


One of my Favorite Movies worthy of your time. One of the benefits of subscribing to Comcast. However, yesterday, I had no Internet and land line phone service. I immediately called the Comcast Help Line and was connected to their Service Center in the Philippines. I had a pleasant and helpful talk with a representative named Lea. She informed me there is a Power Outage in our area, but Comcast expect this to be solved in 3 hours. She was helpful and promised to text me in my mobile phone once the problem is solved. She offered a $5 refund or credit to my account because of interruption of service. Four hours later, My Internet and Land line phone was still not working. I called COMCAST help line again. This time I was connected to the Help Desk in Seattle. I was told the Outage was fixed. The representative tried her best to reset my connection but no success. I was then told that a Technician will be scheduled for a personal visit the next day. I was told I will get a credit for interruption of service. Later on during the night my son tried to reset my PC and he was able to connect and restore Internet and Phone service. I had to cancel the Technician visit. I will stop now so you can enjoy this movie.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Imitation-Game/8638545684966749112/621374019941/The-Imitation-Game/videos

The Imitation Game is a 2014 American historical drama thriller film directed by Morten Tyldum, with a screenplay by Graham Moore loosely based on the biography Alan Turing: The Enigma by Andrew Hodges (previously adapted as the stage play and BBC drama Breaking the Code). It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as real-life British cryptanalyst Alan Turing, who decrypted German intelligence codes for the British government during World War II.

The film's screenplay topped the annual Black List for best unproduced Hollywood scripts in 2011. The Weinstein Company acquired the film for $7 million in February 2014, the highest amount ever paid for U.S. distribution rights at the European Film Market. It was released theatrically in the United Kingdom on November 14 and the United States on November 28.

The Imitation Game was a commercial and critical success. It grossed over $233 million worldwide against a $14 million production budget, making it the highest-grossing independent film of 2014. It was nominated in eight categories at the 87th Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director (Tyldum), Best Actor (Cumberbatch), and Best Supporting Actress (Keira Knightley). It won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. It garnered five nominations in the 72nd Golden Globe Awards and was nominated in three categories at the 21st Screen Actors Guild Awards, including Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. It also received nine British Academy of Film and Television Arts nominations, including Best Film and Outstanding British Film, and won the People's Choice Award at the 39th Toronto International Film Festival.

The LGBT civil rights advocacy and political lobbying organization for Human Rights Campaign honored The Imitation Game for bringing Turing's legacy to a wider audience. However, the film was criticized for its inaccurate portrayal of historical events and Turing's character and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...