Monday, February 17, 2014

Two Scam Letters I Received Recently


Here's Letter Number 1:

Dear Good Friend,

Sorry for not having the pleasure of knowing your mindset before making you this offer, it is utterly confidential and genuine by virtue of its nature. I write to solicit your assistance in a funds transfer deal involving US$14.5M. Meanwhile, I know there is absolutely going to be a great doubt and distrust in your heart in respect of this email, coupled with the fact that, so many miscreants and impostors (scammers) have taken possession of the internet to facilitate their nefarious deeds, thereby making it extremely difficult for genuine and legitimate business class persons to get attention and recognition.

This fund has been stashed out of the excess profit made last year by my branch office of the International Commercial Bank- Burkina Faso, which I am the manager. I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2013 to my head office here in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, and the financial report has been endorsed without the excess fund, and they will never know of this. I have since then, placed this amount in a Non-Investment Account without a beneficiary, and I am contacting you as a foreigner to claim the money into your account. Upon your response, I will configure your name on our database as holder of the Non-Investment Account. I will then guide you on how to apply to my head office for the Account Closure, thereafter, bank-to-bank remittance of the funds to your designated bank account.

It is up to you to decide whether this letter deserves your trust and confidentiality. And if indeed it does, whatever your actions and your decision let me know immediately so that I will give you the detail how we should go about it. If you concur with this proposal, I intend for you to retain 45% of the funds while 55% shall be for me.

Kindly forward your response to my private e-mail box: ch.teodoro@laposte.net

Thanks

Yours sincerely

Chintia Teodoro

______________________________________________________________________________

Here's Letter number 2:

Salam: I hope you have good health.

Please I am a widow from Syria and my life and kids are in danger. I need
help from someone honest and sincere that care humanity for we not
know where good thing come from ok if you accept please reply me so I
tell you details of what i want you do for us ok. thank you for understand

Allah Afiz

Note: I am posting the two letters verbatim without correcting the grammar and sentence construction of the two letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...